Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Oak Hills and Our Intern, Zig Ziglar, and Diggitty's (Our Local Business of the Week)

Hello Dear Friends,


We Are Serving Oak Hills


The young lady in the photo is my personal intern from Cal State Monterey Bay, Danielle. She is a Business Major and has been a great asset to the team.
Some of you may recognize her from our community meet and greet that we have been doing this summer. Some of you may recognize her from the Vierra Canyon Starbucks where she used to brew a mean cup of coffee.
Danielle has proven to be very intelligent, creative, and a go-getter; which means that she possesses some of the key qualities essential to succeed in any career. I have been very delighted and lucky to have her on the team, and am quite confident that she will achieve any goal she sets for herself.

***
The Barry Freeland Team
of Cottage & Castles Real Estate Inc.
"Your Short Sale and Traditional Sale Community Experts"
Office: (831) 449-4642 Mobile: (408) 602-1779
On Vierra Canyon Road next to Starbucks

***

Johnny's Mind

I really like and enjoy learning from a fella named Zig Ziglar. He is a mentor and life coach kind of guy that has figured out so many wonderful things in life. I have subscribed to his newsletter and have listened to many hours of his lectures. His catalogue includes anything from raising a healthy child to mastering sales. Today I wanted to include a little story that I happened to come across by him:

The Hitchhiker

By Zig Ziglar
Many years ago when it was reasonably safe to do so, I picked up a hitchhiker just outside of Raleigh, North Carolina. As he sat down he announced that he had just been released from prison. I was shocked and more than a little concerned because the man was also drinking. I asked him why he had been in prison and he said he had been sent up for “bootlegging,” which meant he was making “moonshine” whiskey and selling it. Next I asked him if he had used the time in prison to prepare for a better future. He said yes, he had studied hard the entire time.
Then I asked him what he had learned. With considerable pride he told me that he had memorized the name of every county in every state in the United States and all the parishes in Louisiana. I was stunned and indicated as much, so he challenged me to test him with any state I chose. Since I had lived in South Carolina many years, I chose that state and he proceeded to demonstrate that he knew every county. I was convinced that he could do the same for the other states.
Here was a man who had a very good mind, but a limited education. Had he utilized his mind completely during the three years he had been incarcerated, he could have acquired knowledge that would have equipped him for a better life. Unfortunately, he didn’t and he is not alone. Many people go through life collecting trivia or useless information when they could invest their time more wisely.
Think about it. Study and learn the things that will make a difference in your life and I will SEE YOU AT THE TOP!
Zig Ziglar is known as America’s motivator.


There’s not a lot you can do about the national economy but there is a lot you can do about your personal economy. ~Zig Ziglar
Here is the link to his newsletter: Zig Ziglar

***

The Local Business of the Week

Diggitty's Hot Dog and Ice Cream



The Barry Freeland Team
of Cottage & Castles Real Estate Inc.
"Your Short Sale and Traditional Sale Community Experts"
Office: (831) 449-4642 Mobile: (408) 602-1779
On Vierra Canyon Road next to Starbucks

"Bye, Bye Every One and Have A Great Day!"-Barry 

No comments:

Post a Comment